Friday, February 19, 2010

Snow Daze

More snow, i cannot resist. I am headed to the mountains next week, then the Grand Canyon for a residency at the South Rim. Although it can't possibly be true, I feel like I will be leaving winter behind and that makes me sad. I guess being included in an Artist Residency means I am getting some recognition too, so from my struggling artist blog standpoint, this is quite exciting. I am going with my husband, the fabulously talented photographer, check him out (if you haven't already), Kevin Cooley. We were jointly awarded the residency, which is pretty much an ideal way to live life.

As for nostalgia about snow, The WG News blog featured fellow Brooklyn artist, Elizabeth Smolarz's snow pictures. I think this one is my favorite. Elizabeth Smolarz
© Elizabeth Smolarz
you cannot even tell you're in Brooklyn.

She's a conceptual artist with amazing range, traveling the world exploring completely contemporary concepts. Tomorrow she is presenting with this program, Economies in the Digital Age at Art in General.

No comments:

Post a Comment